Listen: Sunshine Coast local Kelly, shares how we can bring Christmas to people in Sunshine Coast University Hospital this Christmas
This Christmas thanks to Sunshine Coast local Kelly and Wishlist you have the opportunity to bring some Christmas cheer to people staying at the Sunshine Coast University Hospital over Christmas.
This year ‘The Christmas Love’ appeal has the opportunity to make up Christmas gift bags for patients in Sunshine Coast University Hospital. Sunshine Coast local Kelly, has partnered with Wishlist and Sunshine Coast University Hospital, to collect and circulate Christmas gifts for people ‘stuck in hospital’ on Christmas day. Many of these patients are very lonely over Christmas and do not have any nearby family.
In previous years, gifts have been hand delivered, however due to covid regulations the gift bags will be handed into Wishlist at SCUH, for distribution. These Christmas gift-bags made a patients day so much brighter, and helped them to realise they were not alone, that they were thought about, loved, and gives them so much hope.
Listen to Kelly conversation on Weekends with Lee in the player above.
Ways you can help:
Buying things for the gift bags, and joining us for packing.
Things that would be good to include in the giftbags:
- Cross word books
- The black ‘scratch art’ paper sets
- Adult colouring in books
- Small jigsaw puzzles
- Christmas Chocolate
- Christmas Biscuits
- Christmas ornaments that don’t have glass or sharp edges that can sit on a tray or bed side as a reminder of someone caring about them
- Socks but they need to be grippy ones
- Fidget toys – helpful for distraction, pain management and emotional regulation
- Hand cream
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Bottles/mini bottles of body wash, shampoo and conditioner
- Lip cream
- Sleeping masks in sealed packets
- Ear plugs in sealed packets
- Handwritten card.
Gift bags need to be packed before 17th of December. For more information and to join The Christmas Love Appeal visit their Facebook page.