We love a roast pork at Christmas… that crackling is always a winner! We have used the BBQ the last few years to cook our Pork Loin Roast and love the flavours as well as being able to share the cooking responsibilities around too!
We source our Pork from Gooralie Free Range Pork who are located near Goondiwindi in Queensland. We love supporting other family run businesses too!
You can place your Free Range Christmas Family Feast Order here and with home delivery an option, we help you take the hassle out of Christmas Lunch/Dinner.
Easy As BBQ Pork Loin Roast
- 2 kg boneless free range rolled pork loin, scored
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sea salt flakes
- coleslaw, ham jam or mustard and crusty bread, to serve
What to do:
- Preheat your barbecue on high heat (about 250°C- 260°C).
- Place pork on a rack (see tips in ‘General Information’ tab). Rub the pork rind with oil and then rub with salt. Place the roasting rack onto a foil trivet in the centre of the preheated barbecue. Cover with the barbecue hood.
- Barbecue on high for 40-45 minutes or until pork rind is golden and crackled.
- Reduce heat to medium-high (about 190°C) and barbecue for a further 30-40 minutes until pork is just cooked through (see tips). Remove and set aside to rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve pork with coleslaw, ham jam or mustard and crusty bread.