Listen: Sunshine Coast Councillor David Law shares about the expansion of the Kenilworth Transport Service
By Fiona CameronSaturday 24 Oct 2020Mornings with Fee
Local Sunshine Coast Councillor, David Law, caught up with Mornings with Fee about the expansion of the Kenilworth Transport Service. Run by volunteers, Kenilworth Transport Service, connects residents of this remote country town with the Coast.
If you need to travel to Nambour, Eumundi, Yandina, Maleny, or the Sunshine Coast University Hospital, why not use the Kenilworth Transport Service. To access the Kenilworth Community Transport Service you need to be a resident of Kenilworth, Belli Park, Cambroon, Conondale, Coolabine, Eerwah Vale, Gheerulla, Kidaman Creek or Obi Obi (or a guest of a registered resident).
Find out more visit Kenilworth Visitor Information Centre
- All passengers (including children*) $8, one-way or return to Nambour, Eumundi, Yandina, Maleny,
- All passengers (including children*) $25, one-way or return to Sunshine Coast University Hospital.
- *Children aged 14 and under must be accompanied by a registered adult.
To book call 07 5446 0122, and have the following information handy when you call to make a booking:
- date of your trip
- your pick-up address (if not meeting at the Kenilworth Post Office)
- approximate time you will be ready to return.
The Kenilworth Community Transport Service is run by volunteers, under the leadership of a Sub-Committee of the Kenilworth Chamber of Commerce, who hold the Operator Accreditation for the service with the Department of Transport and Main Roads.
Council supplies a fully insured 7-seater passenger vehicle and an allocation (of up to $2,000 to cover expenses) for the community to provide the service with volunteer drivers.
Salt 106.5 is proudly supported by