This is a dish we have made at our shop right from the start… it is sooooo delicious and easy and did I mention delicious! The key here is to slice the meat as thin as possible (or ask your butcher for Stir-fry Beef).
If you’re going to slice it yourself at home, throwing the steak in the freezer for 20-30 minutes helps with this process tremendously. That way, the thin cuts of meat can soak up the most epic marinade in just a few hours.
Once it’s done marinating, the hard part is over. Throw it onto a super hot cast iron skillet or grill pan and that smoky, sweet-savory charred bits of meat will simply put you over the edge.
Serve with rice and maybe a side of kimchi for a full meal. Or red leaf lettuce tacos also work perfectly here.
What you’ll need
- 1kg Beef Stirfry strips (Rib Fillet or Knuckle)
- 1/2 small pear, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (Leave out if Low FODMAP)
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon gochujang (Korean red pepper paste)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided (garlic oil if Low FODMAP)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
What to do:
- If cutting your steak yourself: Wrap steak in plastic wrap, and place in the freezer for 30 minutes. Unwrap and slice across the grain into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- In a medium bowl, combine pear, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, garlic, ginger and gochujang. In a gallon size Ziploc bag, combine soy sauce mixture and steak; marinate for at least 2 hours to overnight, turning the bag occasionally.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a cast iron grill pan over medium-high heat.
*Working in batches, add steak to the grill pan in a single layer and cook, flipping once, until charred and cooked through, about 2-3 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and steak.
- Serve immediately, garnished with green onions and sesame seeds, if desired.
For more information visit damndelicious.net
Salt 106.5 is proudly supported by