By Natalie BennettFriday 23 Oct 2020The Morning Wake-up with KristianLifestyleReading Time: 2 minutes
Doesn’t just the sound of this dish make your mouth water?! This is a fabulous dish for a Friday night, to watch the Footy Finals, or for any day that ends in ‘Y’ for that matter.
You’ve got the delicious crunch from your potato gems, the gooey melted cheese, the spicy mince & sauce and the fresh tomatoes and creamy guacamole all on one plate…. OMG this is seriously sooooo good! Put a plate of this out and watch it get devoured… hmmm you might need to make a second one!
Potato Gem Nachos
What you’ll need
- 500g Beef Mince
- 1kg pkt frozen potato gems
- 30g pkt taco seasoning
- 2 cups coarsely grated cheese (mozzarella or cheddar)
- 2 tomatoes, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- Avocado, mashed, to serve
- Sour cream, to serve
- Hot sauce, to serve
- Baby herbs, to serve
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan forced. Place the potato gems in an ovenproof frying pan and sprinkle with 1/2 the taco seasoning. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Brown the mince in a frypan with some oil and sprinkle the remaining taco seasoning all over (you can mix the seasoning with a little water if you like)
- Sprinkle the potato gems with the beef mince and cheese and bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden.
- Sprinkle with the tomato and onion. Top with avocado, sour cream, hot sauce and herbs. Serve immediately.
For more information visit delicious.com.au