By Natalie BennettSaturday 7 Nov 2020The Morning Wake-up with Kristian
If you love salt and vinegar potato chips, then you’ll love these tangy wings. Add a touch of cayenne pepper to the marinade to boost its spiciness.
These wings are served with a delicious creamy goat cheese dipping sauce. However, if you are not a fan of goat cheese, use blue cheese or crumbled feta instead.
What you’ll need
For the Marinade:
- 1 3/4 cups distilled vinegar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
For the Wings:
- 1.5kg Free Range Chicken Wings
For the Dipping Sauce:
- 1/4 cup soft goat cheese (use blue cheese or feta if preferred)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (whole milk, not Greek)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
What to do:
- Gather the ingredients.
- Combine marinade ingredients. Make sure salt has dissolved into liquid ingredients. Remove 1/2 cup of marinade and set aside to use as a baste for later.
- Place wings into a resealable plastic bag(s) and pour remaining marinade over top. Make sure all wings are immersed. Seal bag and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours.
- While wings are marinating, prepare the dipping sauce. Combine yogurt with olive oil, vinegar, garlic, sugar salt, and white pepper. Taste for salt content and add more if needed. Then fold in goat cheese pieces.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Take out of the fridge about 15 minutes before it’s time to serve wings.
- Place wings onto the grill/BBQ and cook for two hours at 120C. Turn occasionally during the cooking process.
- Baste wings with reserved marinade after the first 30 minutes of cook time, repeat the process once or twice more within the first hour. Do not baste after that. This will allow the wings to crisp up nicely on the grill.
- Once wings are golden brown, have a nice crispness to them, remove from heat and serve with dipping sauce.
For more information visit thespruceeats.com
Salt 106.5 is proudly supported by