With Christmas less than 4 weeks away, it is time to start thinking about your Christmas Family Feast, what is on the menu and who is bringing what?!?!
We have my dad who loves a Free Range Ham, my Nanna & Poppa who love a Turkey and my husband who love a Roast Pork and we split the roast vegetables and pudding between everyone else…. As we usually have over 20 guests, we need that many items and share it out amongst everyone. So it’s tIme to work out who is coming to celebrate Christmas & what is everyone bringing.
You can place your Free Range Christmas Family Feast Order here and with home delivery an option, we help you take the hassle out of Christmas Lunch/Dinner.
Sticky & Spicy American Mustard Glazed Ham
1 x 8-10 kg Australian ham leg, rind removed
American mustard and a leafy green salad, to serve
Sticky & spicy American mustard glaze
1 ½ cups firmly-packed brown suga•½ cup tomato sauce
2 tablespoons American mustard
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons chipotle chillies in adobe sauce, finely chopped
1 teaspoon celery salt
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Meanwhile, using a sharp knife or Stanley knife, score the ham fat (not the flesh) at 1cm intervals. Wrap the hock in foil (this prevents it from burning).
- Place ham on a greased rack in a large baking pan lined with foil.
- To make the glaze, combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to the boil, stirring, over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes until thickened.
- Brush the ham fat a few times to evenly coat with the glaze. Roast for 45-50 minutes, brushing with remaining glaze once, or until ham is golden and caramelised. Set aside to cool for 30 minutes.
- Slice and serve warm or cold with American mustard and a leafy green salad.
Salt 106.5 is proudly supported by