Damper, its a tradition for a lot of people when they go camping and usually they laden it with butter and golden syrup… but this time we are making it a breakfast damper with bacon, eggs & cheese!
You can cook it in the camp fire or our backyard fire pit or even in your oven!
This is a great one for the kids to help make and it only takes 30min to cook, so you can go and do your Easter Egg Hunt while its cooking!
Bacon Egg & Cheese Damper
- 310 g self raising flour
- 3 T oil
- 200g mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 free range bacon rashers, diced
- 1 shallot, finely sliced
- 3 free range eggs (2 for on top)
- 1 t salt
- 3/4 C milk
- Preheat Camp Oven (around 190c).
- Combine flour, salt and oil in a bowl.
- Stir in shallots, bacon and 2/3 of the cheese.
- Combine 1 egg and milk in a separate bowl.
- Stir egg mixture into dry ingredients.
- Turn onto lightly floured board and knead lightly.
- Form into a ball and make an indent in the middle.
- Crack remaining 2 eggs into the hole and cover with remaining cheese.
- Place damper on baking paper.
- Bake for around 30 minutes or until golden brown.
For more information visit lifeoutsidework.com.au
Salt 106.5 is proudly supported by