A quick, mix-in-one bowl, banana bread recipe. This egg-free “Banana Bread” is so delicious. I’ve created this recipe after getting requests for more egg-free recipes. It holds together well due to the combination of bananas, arrowroot and flaxseed meal doing the job of eggs. I’m sure you won’t be disappointed with the flavour or texture, enjoy!
Serves: 1 loaf | Prep Time: 00:10 | Cooking Time: 00:55
- 3 Lge ripe (1 1/2 cups) banana(s), well mashed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (100%)
- 60ml macadamia oil
- 1 tsp baking soda (bicarb)
- 1 3/4 cups almond meal/flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot flour, or tapioca
- 3 Tbsp (30g) golden flaxseed meal (fine ground)
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Optional Topping: chopped pecans, & a sprinkling of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 165c (fan-forced). Line the base and sides of a 21 x 11cm medium-sized loaf tin with baking paper.
- Add the bananas to a large mixing bowl and mash very well. Add the maple syrup, oil and baking soda. Mix well and allow the acid from the banana to activate the baking soda for 60 seconds.
- Stir in the almond meal/flour, arrowroot, flaxseed meal, cinnamon, salt and pecans, combine well.
- Spoon into the prepared tin and spread out evenly, smoothing the surface. Optional: sprinkle over the extra pecans and a little cinnamon.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until cooked through, golden and firm on top. Allow to cool in the tin for 30 minutes then remove by lifting out the baking paper and finish cooling on a wire rack.
- Once cooled, slice and serve. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 – 3 days or in the fridge for up to 7 days. Suitable to freeze.
Article supplied with thanks to The JOYful Table. Susan is an author of The JOYful Table cookbook containing gluten & grain free, and Paleo inspired recipes for good health and wellbeing.
Feature image: Supplied