This healthy Moroccan Carrot Salad pairs with so many dishes, it’s a great side dish for a BBQ but also presents well served for a more formal meal. I love this salad with lamb burgers.
It’s a quick and easy salad to make that’s packed with lots of flavour and different textures. Best of all this salad is packed with beta carotene, fibre, vitamin K1, potassium and antioxidants.
Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 00:15 | Cooking Time: 00:00
- Zest from 1 lemon(s)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp maple syrup (100%)
- 1 tsp ginger, minced or finely grated
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- Sea salt and black pepper, ground, to taste
- 1/2 red onion(s), finely sliced
- 4 Lge carrot(s), grated
- 1/3 cup chopped mint leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 3 Tbsp sultanas (organic), or cranberries
- Add all the dressing ingredients to a medium bowl and whisk together.
- Add the sliced onion to the bowl of dressing making sure the onion is covered well with the dressing. Set aside in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the carrot, mint, parsley and sultanas into a salad or serving bowl and toss.
- Just before serving, toss the dressing and onion mixture through the salad.
Article supplied with thanks to The JOYful Table. Susan is an author of The JOYful Table cookbook containing gluten & grain free, and Paleo inspired recipes for good health and wellbeing.
Feature image: Supplied