Healthy lunchbox ideas, that the kids will actually love & eat, now we’re talking! With only 6 ingredients, this dish is super easy to make, cheap and delicious.
You could make this for dinner and just make extra to have leftovers for lunch, or make it specifically with lunches in mind.
Crunchy Chicken Drumsticks
- 2 tbs butter
- 90 g brown rice crackers
- 8 chicken drumstick
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- Salt & Pepper
- (optional mixed herbs)
- Preheat the oven to 200C (180C fan-forced).
- Line a roasting tin with foil and brush with the melted butter.
- Place the brown rice crackers in a zip-lock bag. Close the bag and crush the contents to fine crumbs with a rolling pin.
- Dip one or two drumsticks at a time in the egg, then add to the zip-lock bag and shake to coat the chicken evenly.
- Transfer to the prepared roasting tin.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the coating is browned and crispy.
Always make extra! They’re a great addition to the lunch box when cold. Just ensure they’ll stay cold until lunchtime.
Remove skin from the drumsticks before coating if preferred.