We all want to be good parents, but what happens when your perfectionism gets in the way of that? Dr Justin Coulson discusses this on the Happy Families podcast.
Topics discussed in this episode:
– What is perfectionism?
– Excessively high personal standards & extraordinarily critical in personal evaluations
– Self-oriented perfectionism, other-oriented perfectionism & socially prescribed perfectionism
– What to do if you are a perfectionist
– The Perfectionism Paradox
– When we avoid mistakes we limit our learning
Podcast supplied with thanks to Happy Families. A sought after public speaker and author, and former radio broadcaster, Justin has a psychology degree from the University of Queensland and a PhD in psychology from the University of Wollongong.