- General Terms and Conditions
- Noticeboard Terms and Conditions
- Competition Terms and Conditions
Sunshine Coast Christian Broadcasters Limited (“SCCBL” or “We”) and its related bodies corporate (Salt 106.5, Inspire Digital, FRESH, MSA [Media Sales Australia]) offers family-friendly entertainment, music, news, on demand interviews, podcasts, videos, stories, event listings and more. We are a registered not-for-profit, charitable organisation.
Salt 106.5 is home to Sunshine Coast’s number one contemporary Christian radio station.
SCCBAI owns and operates:
- the salt1065.com website (Website); and
- the related digital services including, but not limited to, websites, streaming and on demand audio, podcasts, apps, social media, email communications, advertising and video (Digital Services).
By downloading and accessing the Website and the Digital Services, you agree to be bound by:
- any additional terms, conditions, notices and disclaimers displayed elsewhere on the Website or the Digital Services
- You may not:
(a) copy, reproduce, republish, download, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use the Website or the Digital Services content; or
(b) adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any of the Website or the Digital Services content,
in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you do not modify the content in any way (including any copyright notice).
- Any other use of the Website or the Digital Services content which is not covered by clause 5 requires the prior written permission of SCCBAI or the copyright or trademark owners’ permission.
Changes to Services
- SCCBAI always aims to ensure that the Website and the Digital Services are available continuously, however, we do not make any representations or warranties that your access will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error free.
- We may undertake maintenance or upgrades to the Website and the Digital Services that may render them unavailable for a time. Unplanned outages beyond our control may also affect access to the Website and the Digital Services. 9. You may also be required to upgrade software to continue using the Website and the Digital Services. Choosing not to upgrade software may affect your access.
General Information Only and Young People
- SCCBAI aims to predominantly provide content that is family-friendly and suitable for a general audience. However, we also produce, publish and broadcast news, information, resources and interviews on both the Website and the Digital Services that are created for a mature audience.
- If you are under the age of 15 years, you must obtain your parents’ permission before viewing content on our Website or Digital Services.
- Content on the Website and the Digital Services is prepared as general information only. It is not advice and should not be substituted for personal, professional, medical, financial or other advice which takes into account your individual health, financial or other circumstances.
Your Online Security
- SCCBAI will never ask for your bank or credit card information via the Website or the Digital Services in order to claim a prize. If someone contacts you, purporting to be from SCCBAI and asks for personal details including bank account details or other sensitive information to claim a prize, please contact us via our website form or call 07 5442 2833. You should report any suspicious correspondence immediately via the platform from where you received the request/s – e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Google.
- The names, images and logos identifying SCCBAI’s related bodies corporate – including Salt 106.5, FRESH, Inspire Digital, MSA (Media Sales Australia) – or third parties and their products and services are subject to the copyright, design rights and trademarks of Salt 106.5, FRESH, Inspire and third parties.
Third Party Content & Links
- The Website and the Digital Services may include links to third party sites which are not related to SCCBAI, and in relation to which SCCBAI has no control or interest. The appearance of those links on the Website or the Digital Services does not indicate any relationship between SCCBAI and that third party or any endorsement by SCCBAI of that third party, its website or the products or services which it is advertising.
- When you submit content to SCCBAI in any format, including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio, you grant SCCBAI a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual licence to publish, transmit or otherwise use that content in our published materials, now and in the future and to attribute you, using the details you have provided to us, as the author/provider of that content.
- You warrant that you have all of the necessary rights, including copyright, in the content you contribute, that your content is not defamatory and that it does not infringe any governing law (see ‘Governing Law and Reporting’ 21 below). You indemnify SCCBAI against any and all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by SCCBAI as a result of a breach of the above warranty.
- You must use the Website and the Digital Services only for lawful purposes and in a manner that does not infringe the rights or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the Website or the Digital Services by any third party. This includes conduct which is unlawful or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person, the transmission of obscene or offensive content or distribution to the Website or the Digital Services.
- You must not post or transmit via the Website or the Digital Services any unlawful, defamatory, obscene or offensive material or any material that constitutes or encourages conduct which would contravene any law.
Governing Law and Reporting
- If you wish to send us a copyright infringement notification, please contact us via the link below, identifying each copyright protected work in which you own the rights and which you believe has been infringed, and include your contact information.
General Terms and Conditions
- Salt 106.5 raises its income from two main sources; These are sponsorship and donations.
- All transactions are processed in Australian Dollars (AUD).
- There is therefore no return or refund policy in relation to these two funding mechanisms, although the financial responsibilities of both sponsors and Salt 106.5 are clearly set out in the terms and conditions agreed to by both parties at the commencement of each sponsorship campaign (via Sponsorship Terms and Conditions and Authority to Broadcast documentation.
- All prizes delivered by Salt 106.5 in relation to on air or web based competitions run by the radio station is covered in our Competition Terms and Conditions policy found on this web site.
- Occasionally Salt 106.5 will sell Salt 106.5 branded items such as mugs, pens, shirts, caps, etc. For any such items the following applies.
- Each Item will be examined at the time of sale and the purchaser will agree to the quality of the item at the time of sale.
- Any unrecognised production fault subsequently identified by the purchaser will be accepted by Salt 106.5 for replacement upon presentation of the purchase receipt and the faulty item.
- Any clothing item which, subsequent to purchase is found to be the wrong size, will be exchanged for an identical item of an appropriate size, or an alternate item of the same value provided the item is returned without damage within 3 days of purchase and upon presentation of the purchase receipt and the item to Salt 106.5
Noticeboard Terms and Conditions
Before you complete the form below please read the following Terms and Conditions. Your completion of the form assumes your acceptance of these conditions.
Does Your Event Meet The Criteria?
The types of events Noticeboard can include are events for your church, community and not-for-profit group, such as:
- Festivals and fairs
- Events that are single (one-off) events
- Church conferences
- Seniors’ events, youth camps, marriage retreats, school holiday programs
- Some fundraisers
- Events that are three weeks or more in the future, or that have their RSVP date three weeks or more in the future
Events We May Not List
- Events that run continuously (daily, weekly, monthly). For example a playgroup or seniors group. We may list the first instance of this event.
- Events that have a start date, or RSVP date, within the next two weeks (get yours in as early as possible)
- Events that invite patrons to a business with the result of advertising that business (please see our Sponsorship page)
- Regular or seasonal church services, Bible studies etc.
- Book/DVD/CD launches
- Events sent in more than ten weeks in advance of when they occur may not become live until ten weeks out from the event date.
Events We Will Not List
- Events involving children that don’t adhere to the Child Protection (Working With Children) Act 2012 (NSW)
- Introduction and dating services
- Events held at a residential address
Once you have read Salt 106.5’s Noticeboard Terms and Conditions please return to Add Your Event and tick the Terms and Conditions box and submit your event.
Noticeboard Terms and Conditions updated 14 May 2018
Competition Terms & Conditions
Sunshine Coast Christian Broadcasters Limited trading as Salt 106.5
The following general contest rules apply to all Salt 106.5 contests, run on-air and/or online. They may be amended or varied from time to time by Salt 106.5. Special rules may apply to particular competitions, in which case an addendum to these rules will be made for that contest. Please enquire with Salt 106.5 for any special rules for contests you wish to enter.
General Competition Terms & Conditions
- Unless otherwise specified in special contest terms and conditions, no person may enter any contest more than once.
- All prizes must be collected within 90 days from the date of winning. After that time, unclaimed prizes will be dealt with according to legislative requirements. It is the sole responsibility of winners to collect their prize. Salt 106.5 will not notify winners of time remaining.
- All prizes, unless otherwise specified, are to be collected from Southern Cross Institute Building, 102 Buderim Pines Drive, Buderim QLD 4556. Proper identification will be required (valid driver’s license, passport, student card etc.)
- Winners under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Both individuals must sign an affidavit/release prior to the receipt of the prize.
- Prizes must be claimed in person unless winner is otherwise advised. Where Salt 106.5 elects to post a prize to a winner no responsibility will be accepted by Salt 106.5 for the safe and effective postal delivery of the prize.
- Competitions are not open to:
- employees of Salt 106.5, their spouse, parent, natural or adopted children or siblings,
- contestants who have won a prize/prizes valued individually or collectively from Hope 103.2 in the last 28 days,
- contestants living outside the Greater Sunshine Coast metropolitan area.
- Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash and must (where applicable) be used on the dates specified. All prizes are accepted entirely at the risk of the winner, and Salt 106.5 excludes all warranties in connection with any prize to the extent permitted by law.
- In very unique situations, designated representatives will be allowed to accept prizes. Written authorization from the winner is required. Letter must include representative’s name, photocopy of winner’s photo ID or driver’s license. Salt 106.5 will qualify what constitutes a ‘unique situation.’
- In the event where a specified prize becomes unavailable, Salt 106.5 reserves the right to offer the winner another item of equal value.
- Salt 106.5, its agencies, affiliates, sponsors and representatives are not responsible for defective prizes or misuse of any prize, or for any claims, liability, loss or damage arising out of or in connection with any contest promoted by Salt 106.5.
- All prizes are accepted entirely at the risk of the winner, and Salt 106.5 excludes all warranties in connection with the prize to the extent permitted by law.
- All contestants release from, and indemnify Sunshine Coast Christian Broadcasters Limited (ABN 88 280 613 828) against, all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of acceptance of any prize(s) or participation in any contest including (but not limited to) personal injury and damage to property and whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise.
- Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Salt 106.5 to use winner’s name, suburb or residence, recording of winner’s voice and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without compensation.
- Salt 106.5 is not responsible for lost, interrupted communications or unavailable network server or other connections, failed telephone, mid-delivery or computer transmissions or other errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical or electronic.
- All entries by internet are sent entirely at the risk of the entrant. If there are any difficulties arising out of the internet or any associated equipment Salt 106.5 may at its absolute discretion disqualify the entire entry or any portion thereof.
- Salt 106.5 may incorporate information from entrants in any contest(s) in any data base to be used for the purpose of its business.
- A failure by Salt 106.5 to enforce any of these General Contest Rules in any instance(s) will not give rise to any claim by any person.
- Salt 106.5 may terminate any contest at any time at its absolute discretion. In the event of such termination, Salt 106.5 may at its absolute discretion elect not to award any prize in respect of the terminated contest.
Competition Terms and Conditions updated July 2020